Demolition and Removal of Old Roofs
Time for a new roof? Consider removing the whole roof instead of recovering.
If your roof has had countless issues over time, and it has exceeded the average life of roods, then its removal is one of the big decisions you may be making. You may think that your roof can still recover, but, sometimes, it is not the best investment.
Recovering your roof from excessive damage may not always be available. For instance, when your roof already has multiple layers with the existence of moulds, recovery may not be a viable option. If a contractor suggests you can still salvage your roof that’s in a very bad condition, we recommend you get a second opinion.
At Roofer Bolton, no job is compromised. We want the best service for you that gives lasting and impeccable results. We do an extensive survey and site visit to make sure that your roof needs removal.
Our experienced experts and roofers are ready to come up with a cost-effective solution for your property. So, don’t hesitate to contact us. We’ll be very happy to assist you all the way!
Frequently Asked Questions on Roof Removal
What are the signs that it’s time to remove your old roof?
- Curled shingles are a sign that your roof has aged and may need replacement
- Missing granules
- Daylight shearing through roof boards
- Dirty, clogged soffits
- Double layering
- Moisture, mould, and moss growth
- Clogged gutters
- Weakened roof deck
- Ceiling stains
- Rusted gutters
- Loose flashing
- Hail damage
- And of course, old age! A good rule of thumb that indicated your roof may need removal and replacement is age. If your existing roof was installed properly, expect 12-15 years of lifespan. Metal roofs generally last longer.
What are the advantages of Demolition and Removal of Old Roof?
- The roof deck can be highly visible for inspection of damaged sections
- The lesser the roofing layers, the greater the value of your property
- Chimneys and high-risk areas can be checked
- New flashing can be installed
- Removal of the old roof and the installation of a new one can outlast a recover by years
If I opted to recover my roof instead, what benefits can roof recovery bring?
- Recovering your roof is a less costly option. It also involves less labour.
What are the disadvantages of recovering my roof as compared to roof demolition?
- Recovering a roof in a bad condition has the following disadvantages:
- Time will come that you’ll be needing a new roof. This means that an additional later needs to be removed, costing you a higher price.
- Your roofing deck can not be adequately checked for possible leakage that may not be evident inside your property.
- Leaks will be more difficult to trace because of added layers of shingles.
- The resale of the house may be affected if multiple roof layers are present
Roofer Bolton ensures efficient roof removal and demolition. If you think you need a new roof, we will safely remove your old roof and dispose of all waste that comes with it.
Contact Roofer Bolton now for a safe, and swift removal of your roof. Don’t let your roof problem last long!
You will be delighted with our roofing services.